Apple Walnut Crostada
A crostada has all the flavor of a fancy apple pie, without the fuss. This version calls for store-bought pie crust for speedy assembly. If you want to make your own crust, look in the Pepin Heights Collection for our Honeycrisp Galette. This recipe appears here with permission from U.S. Apple Association, www.usapple.org.
Write a review
- 1 refrigerated/ready-made pie crust
- cooking spray
- 6-7 baking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- dash of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place apple slices, sugar, walnuts, flour and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and toss well.
- Transfer piecrust to baking sheet. Spoon the apple mixture into center of piecrust, and fold up sides of pastry to capture apples and juices as it bakes. Dot with butter. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Nutrition information per serving: calories 320; fat 14g; saturated fat 5g; cholesterol 10mg; sodium 125mg; carbohydrates 51g; fiber 4g; protein 2g.
Pepin Heights Orchards, Inc https://pepinheights.com/