Apple Cheddar Panini
This recipe combines two traditional flavor pairings - apples and cheese - in a grilled sandwich. If you don't have a panini press, just use a nonstick skillet. Just about any cheese can be substituted for the cheddar. This recipe appears here with permission from U.S. Apple Association, www.usapple.org.
Write a review
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 1/4c low-fat honey mustard
- 2 crisp apples, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Preheat panini press on medium heat. Lightly spread honey mustard evenly over each slice of bread. Layer apple slices and cheese over 4 slices of bread, using about ½ apple and 2 ounces of cheese for each sandwich. Top each sandwich with remaining bread slices. Lightly coat panini press with cooking spray. Grill each sandwich for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and bread has toasted. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Pepin Heights Orchards, Inc https://pepinheights.com/