Apple Lemon Salad
Ana, the Phoenix-based blogger behind Muy Delish, says that one of her favorite ways of incorporating apples daily into her diet is in salads. “There is something about the sweetness of an apple combined with salad and a vinaigrette dressing that makes my mouth water just thinking about it.” She says that while this salad is very simple to make, it is everything except boring! She developed this recipe for the SweeTango growers’ cooperative in 2015. Pepin Heights is founding member of the cooperative.
Write a review
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 t apple cider vinegar
- 2 t honey
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4C baby lettuce or mesclun salad mix
- 2 SweeTango apples, sliced
- 1/3C chopped fresh flat parsley
- Crumbled feta cheese for topping (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, honey and Dijon. While whisking the dressing, pour the olive oil slowly and continue whisking until all ingredients are well integrated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, add the lettuce, apple and parsley and mix. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Top with the crumbled feta cheese.
Pepin Heights Orchards, Inc https://pepinheights.com/