Candied Baked Apples
This variation on a traditional baked apple in effect steams in the apple cider. Dark brown sugar rather than light brown sugar adds a more complex hint of molasses flavor. The jelly supplies the candied effect.
Write a review
- 4 Pepin Heights Haralson apples
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup apple or currant jelly
- 1 cup Pepin Heights Apple Cider
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Core the apples, creating a well in the center of the apple but leaving a bit of core intact at the bottom of the apple. Peel the apples. Place the apples in a 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the dark brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle the mixture over the apples. Place a cinnamon stick in the well of each apple.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the jelly with the apple cider. Drizzle the mixture over the apples.
- Bake the apples for approximately 30 minutes. Serve with caramel ice cream.
- Calories 261; calories from fat 0.01%; fat 0.3 g; saturated fat 0.1 g; trans fat 0 g; protein 0.5 g; carbohydrates 68.4 g; total sugars 58.4 g; fiber 4.9 g; cholesterol 0 mg; iron 0.3 mg; sodium 8.2 mg; calcium 20.7 mg
Pepin Heights Orchards, Inc https://pepinheights.com/