Cranberry Apple Crisp
This crisp calls for a combination of sweet and tart apple varieties, with the added zing of cranberries. An easy holiday dessert, or suitable for every day. This crisp can be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated. To make this with Minnesota-grown varieties, substitute Red Fireside or Sweet Sixteen for Braeburn, and Haralson for Granny Smith. Reprinted here with permission of Lunds & Byerlys.
Write a review
- 8 cups thinly sliced, peeled Braeburn apples, (about 5 apples)
- 4 cups thinly sliced, peeled Granny Smith apples, (about 3 apples)
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine sliced apples and cranberries with mixture of sugar, 6 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place in a 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine 1 cup flour, oatmeal and brown sugar, cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven until fruit is tender and top brown (70-75 minutes). Serve warm with ice cream.
- Calories 469; calories from fat 27%; fat 18.0 g; saturated fat 6.6 g; trans fat 0.4 g; protein 5.4 g; carbohydrates 77.1 g; total sugars 50.0 g; fiber 7.0 g; cholesterol 24.4 mg; iron 2.0 mg; sodium 83.9 mg; calcium 37.8 mg
Pepin Heights Orchards, Inc https://pepinheights.com/