Honeycrisp Apple Galette
If you’re afraid to try to make a traditional-crust apple pie, this recipe is for you. Don’t let its more casual appearance fool you, its Grand Marnier-kissed flavor is incredible. Your friends will rave about this “pie” for months!
Write a review
- 1/2 recipe Galette Dough
- 3 medium Pepin Heights Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon cold, unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Turn the prepared galette dough out on a lightly floured work surface and roll into an 11-inch circle that's about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix apple pieces with cornstarch, sugars and Grand Marnier. Spread the mixture over the dough leaving a 2- to 3-inch border. Fold the uncovered border of dough over the apple filling, allowing the dough to pleat as you lift it up and work your way around the baking sheet.
- Cut butter into pieces and place them over apple filling. Brush the crust with egg wash and sprinkle the entire galette with turbinado sugar.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown. Serve warm, or allow to cool.
- Calories 369; calories from fat 29.2%; fat 12.0. g; saturated fat 11.9 g; trans fat 0.8 g; protein 3.6 g; carbohydrates 56 g; total sugars 18.4 g; fiber 1.6 g; cholesterol 49.6 mg; iron 1.5 mg; sodium 76.7 mg; calcium 14.1 mg
Pepin Heights Orchards, Inc https://pepinheights.com/