Low-Fat Apple Waldorf Salad
This recipe appears here with permission from U.S. Apple Association, www.usapple.org.
Write a review
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free yogurt
- 2 medium salad apples, cored and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks, OR one 15 ounce-can pineapple chunks packed in juice, drained
- 2 celery stalks, sliced (7-8" stalks)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- To prepare dressing, in a medium bowl mix mayonnaise and yogurt until blended. Add apples, pineapple, celery, walnuts and raisins. Stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Approximate nutrition information per serving: calories, 204; fat, 9 g; cholesterol, 4 mg; sodium, 117 mg; carbohydrates, 31 g; fiber, 4 g; protein, 3 g; percent calories from fat, 37%.
Pepin Heights Orchards, Inc https://pepinheights.com/