Spinach Salad with Apples and Maple Vinaigrette
Spinach salad is the perfect meal for those early fall days, before there is too much of a chill in the air. The addition of apples and maple syrup makes this a quintessential fall green salad. The apple cider vinegar and maple syrup make for a spicy-sweet combination. Reprinted here with permission of Lunds & Byerlys.
Write a review
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (6 ounce) bags baby spinach
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 HoneyCrisp apples, cored, each cut into 16 slices each
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup salted, roasted pepitas
- In small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, vinegar, apple pie spice, salt and dry mustard. Slowly whisk in oil.
- In large bowl, toss spinach, red onion and 3/4 cup vinaigrette. Divide spinach among six serving plates.
- Arrange apple slices over each salad; sprinkle with cranberries and pepitas. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over salads; serve.
- Calories 517; calories from fat 63%; fat 36.0 g; saturated fat 5.3 g; trans fat 0 g; protein 6.9 g; carbohydrates 52.2 g; total sugars 33.2 g; fiber 8.3 g; cholesterol 0 mg; iron 4.3 mg; sodium 465.2 mg; calcium 103.2 mg
Pepin Heights Orchards, Inc https://pepinheights.com/