SweeTango Apple Crostini with Honey Mascarpone Spread
This recipe from Ana, the Phoenix-based blogger behind Muy Delish, created this appetizer recipe that is a fruity variation on crostini, or bruschetta. She says “The key for a good crostini is fresh ingredients but also keeping things simple.” She developed this recipe for the SweeTango growers’ cooperative in 2015. Pepin Heights is founding member of the SweeTango growers’ cooperative.
Write a review
- 1 french baguette, sliced into 1/2-1-inch thick slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1T honey
- a pinch of salt
- 1 SweeTango apple, cored, quartered and sliced thin (16-18 slices)
- 1/4C chopped walnuts
- Honey (for drizzling on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the slices of bread on a large baking sheet. Brush the top of each slice with olive oil. Toast the slices in the oven for about 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the mascarpone cheese, 1 tbsp honey and salt.
- Spread some of the mascarpone cheese on top of each toast slice. Top with the sliced apples, walnuts and the drizzle with honey.
Pepin Heights Orchards, Inc https://pepinheights.com/