SweeTango and Sweet Potato Soup
This soup recipe features quintessential fall flavors – including SweeTango. It was developed by Chefs Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo of LA’s Animal Restaurant for the SweeTango growers’ cooperative in 2013. Pepin Heights is founding member of the cooperative.
Write a review
- ¼ lb Butter
- 1 c Yellow onion, diced
- 1 c SweeTango apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 c Butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 c Sweet potato, peeled, diced
- 2-½ c Vegetable stock
- 1 c Heavy cream
- ¼ c Maple syrup
- Salt to taste and espelette pepper
- In a 1 gallon pot, melt butter and sweat apples and vegetables until onions are translucent. Add stock, and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Puree in blender, strain, and add cream and maple syrup. Season to taste, serve, and enjoy!
Pepin Heights Orchards, Inc https://pepinheights.com/